Benefits: Competitive Employee Referral Scheme, Flexible Working, Training opportunities, and more!
Location: Reading, Berkshire (UK)
Who are we?
Widely regarded as a technical leader in the emerging field of Drone Traffic Management (UTM), Altitude Angel develops cloud-scale systems to facilitate the safe integration of unmanned vehicles into national airspace worldwide. In short, we don’t make drones; we make them safe. Our national foundation technologies are deployed internationally by governments, civil aviation authorities and air navigation service providers to meet the needs of an emerging industry.
You will contribute to developing ground-breaking new systems in the fast-moving world of drone information, planning, and monitoring services, whilst improving the user experience of our existing products.
As our UX Designer, you will work as an integral part of the Engineering team across multiple streams of work, collaborating with Product Managers and Engineers to create intuitive, user-friendly applications. You will have a real impact on Altitude Angel’s evolving portfolio of Development projects and play a key role in shaping our UX and Design strategy. As our resident expert, you will be hands on in the design work, building wireframes and prototyping, working with Product Managers to convert requirements into a coherent user interface experience for web and mobile applications.
- Working in collaboration with our Product Managers and Engineering team, you will gather and evaluate user requirements, whilst having a solid understanding of product specifications and user psychology.
- Convert requirements into a coherent user interface experience for both web and mobile applications.
- Develop wireframes and prototypes around customer needs whilst also creating personas through user research and data.
- Work with our Engineers to implement attractive designs as well as effectively communicating design ideas and prototypes to the team.
- Define user interaction workflows spanning multiple products and 3rd party systems.
- Build and provide storyboards, wireframes, renders, and art and style assets for projects and demos.
- Develop a cohesive design language across multiple platforms and products.
- Present design work confidently to stakeholders and build trusting relationships with the Development team, Product team, Marketing team as well as our customers and external partners.
We’re looking for…
- 5+ years of experience working on web, mobile or desktop applications with a strong portfolio of design projects.
- Experience building UX assets such as storyboard, wireframes, renders, images etc.
- Experience with Graphic Design tools (e.g. Photoshop or Illustrator) and UI Design tools (e.g. XD, proto.io, Balsamiq).
- A strong understanding of user experience, visual design, interaction design, user research and design principles.
- Experience working in Agile Engineering teams
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and team working skills.
- A clear, well organised logical thinker with the ability to respond to dynamic situations when under pressure, applying the same clear, logical thinking.
- Flexibility to maintain focus as the business grows and changes.
- Ability and desire to learn and personally grow own
Interested? Get in touch today and join the global company defining the future of aviation.
To apply for this position email your details to [email protected]