Look up and you probably don’t see much. Maybe a plane, the occasional helicopter and, of course, the odd bird. Not for long...
We at Altitude Angel envisage a future where drones are set to revolutionise the lives of everyone on the planet, so we’re building the platforms to ensure drones can fly safely alongside other, more traditional, forms of aviation.
Since 2014 we’ve been steadily growing our team beyond our Reading HQ, whilst expanding our network into Europe, attracting some of the finest minds and top talent from the worlds of aviation, software engineering and product development.
Our platform is now used in 152 countries across the globe enabling over 50,000 safe drone flights every month, including everything from transport of life saving medication in sub-Saharan Africa to coffee and burger delivery in the Republic of Ireland.
With drones becoming more and more prevalent, we’re looking for individuals who are eager to help us build and deliver the solutions which have the potential to change the world.
If you want to join us and be at the forefront of the aerial revolution, apply today.
About the role:
As a UI Developer at Altitude Angel, you will contribute to developing ground-breaking new systems in the fast-moving world of drone information, planning, and monitoring services, whilst improving the user interface and experience of our existing products.
Widely regarded as a technical leader in our field, our national foundation technologies are deployed internationally by governments, civil aviation authorities and air navigation providers to meet the needs of an emerging industry.
Reporting to our Software Development Manager, you will work as an integral part of our Engineering team across multiple streams of work, collaborating with our Products team on requirements and working closely with our UX Designer to create intuitive, user-friendly applications.
As our resident UI expert, you will contribute to UI/UX design discussions as well as advising on best practice principles of user interface. You will have a real impact on Altitude Angel’s evolving portfolio of development projects and play a key role in shaping our UI design strategy.
- You will create and maintain scalable, reliable, and secure web applications whilst writing tests to improve web app reliability (unit tests, automated testing).
- You will collaborate with our Products and UX team to build white-label designs of our GuardianUTM Platform.
- You will find elegant solutions to usability problems and deliver a consistent brand experience across all products and channels including web, email, and even print.
- A keen eye for detail and the ability to look at high level problems right down to the small detail.
- A clear, well organised logical thinker with the ability to respond to dynamic situations when under pressure, applying the same clear, logical thinking.
- A natural team player and proactive multi-tasker with excellent organisational skills and the ability to meet deadlines.
- Self-motivated with a demonstrable entrepreneurial spirit; driven to get things done by any means necessary.
- Experience with HTML5 and CSS3
- Experience with Typescript and a modern UI framework g.Vue.js or React.js
- Experience with a pre-processor CSS scripting language g.LESS, SASS
- Experience with modern build pipelines g.Webpack or Babel
- Experience with object-oriented CSS g.BEM
Bonus points if you are familiar with / have an interest in:
- .NET, C#, WebApi
- Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Cloud Computing (Azure or AWS)
- Azure DevOps | VSTS | TFS experience
At Altitude Angel we’re dedicated to creating a positive working environment which empowers our employees to the be the best version of themselves. Through personalised Career Development Plans and generous home/work life-balance considerations, we support our team to work in the best way for them.
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Company Pension Scheme
- £3,000 employee referral scheme
- Quarterly team socials
To apply for this position, email your details to [email protected]