Benefits: Competitive Employee Referral Scheme, Flexible Working, Training opportunities, and more!
Location: Reading, Berkshire (UK)
As a Sales Engineer at Altitude Angel, you will lead the technical relationship with our prospects, partners, and customers. You are excited by UTM (Unmanned Traffic Management) and the benefits it can bring to facilitating the safe integration of unmanned vehicles into national airspace worldwide. Widely regarded as a technical leader in our field, our national foundation technologies are deployed internationally by governments, civil aviation authorities and air navigation providers to meet the needs of an emerging industry.
Reporting to the Chief Business Officer, you will be our resident solution expert supporting the sales teams working closely with our customers and partners, whilst working closely with the product and engineering teams to ensure we sell what we have and identify roadmap or configuration requirements needed. You will provide technical leadership and subject matter expertise in the full end-to-end sales cycle, whilst becoming a trusted adviser and advocate for Altitude Angel’s technologies. You will provide the highest level of technical expertise of Altitude Angel’s tools and technologies to customers, partners, and stakeholders.
The role may require significant travel (subject to any national or local restrictions).
- Develop and manage relationships with key technical stakeholders at identified strategic partners & customers
- Work with Product and Engineering lead to Identify roadmap needs and assist with prioritisation
- Develop implementation plans with Customers, Partners, and third parties to ensure a clear and smooth path to implementation, whilst identifying any additional efforts and costs
- Ensure the technical requirements are effectively captured in any bid and contract documents, ensuring a smooth transition into delivery
- Work with the Sales and Products team, you will own Altitude Angel’s demo environments
- Manage any trial implementations to ensure objectives are efficiently and effectively met
- Ensure a strong focus on continuous improvement by identifying additional tools or capabilities to help streamline the sales process whilst taking ownership for execution of any agreed plan
- Identify, report, and mitigate any technical risks throughout the sales process and in the transition to delivery
- Maintain a view of the evolving technical and regulatory standards, and competition capabilities to identify trends, competitive advantages, and gaps we should fill
- Confidently deliver technical demonstrations of Altitude Angel’s offerings & solutions with a clear handle on the business benefit and rationale for the solutions
- Identify and represent Altitude Angel at events and support and input to the company’s overall go to market and sales strategy
You will be seen as a leader of your function and demonstrate the diligence, ownership, and resilience to execute on the bid & sales operations plans. You will demonstrate:
- A passion for success, you will embody accountability & ownership
- The ability to collaborate across multiple internal and external stakeholders across the spectrum of functions and seniority
- The ability to navigate conflicting demands with diplomacy, resilience, and finesse
- Entrepreneurial spirit creating opportunity where others may miss
- An organised, analytical, and structured approach with an eye to the detail, creating repeatable & scalable capabilities
- Effective use of resources to deliver a seamless and quality sales process
- Excellent written and presentational skills
You will have a proven track record of providing technical sales solutions in a complex, multi-party SaaS software environment. You are self-motivated and comfortable working in a dynamic environment with rapidly evolving product & customer needs, and competition.
- 2-5 years’ Sales Engineering experience
- Commercial understanding of the business impact and implications of strategic software products, whilst using this experience to maximize the opportunities within a sales situation
- The ability to interpret customers' business problems and technical issues whilst effectively communicating the alignment between solution and requirements
- You will be SaaS savvy with detailed technical knowledge of SaaS architectures and frameworks, APIs, IOT, data management, etc (ATM platform advantageous)
- Thought leadership and identification of trends, competitive positioning, and roadmap needs
- A self-motivated people person who can successfully build solid relationships and partnerships at all levels of an organisation
- You will be able to translate technical needs into our solutions and persuade Customers and Partners of the technical merits versus alternatives
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills (including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook
Up to the challenge? Get in touch today and join the global company defining the future of aviation.
To apply for this position email your details to [email protected]