Look up and you probably don’t see much. Maybe a plane, the occasional helicopter and, of course, the odd bird. Not for long...
We at Altitude Angel envisage a future where drones are set to revolutionise the lives of everyone on the planet, so we’re building the platforms to ensure drones can fly safely alongside other, more traditional, forms of aviation.
Since 2014 we’ve been steadily growing our team beyond our Reading HQ, whilst expanding our network into Europe, attracting some of the finest minds and top talent from the worlds of aviation, software engineering and product development.
Our platform is now used in 152 countries across the globe enabling over 50,000 safe drone flights every month, including everything from transport of life saving medication in sub-Saharan Africa to coffee and burger delivery in the Republic of Ireland.
With drones becoming more and more prevalent, we’re looking for individuals who are eager to help us build and deliver the solutions which have the potential to change the world.
If you want to join us and be at the forefront of the aerial revolution, apply today.
About the role:
Widely regarded as a technical leader in our field, our national foundation technologies are deployed internationally by governments, civil aviation authorities and air navigation providers to meet the needs of an emerging industry.
Our mobile apps play an important role in providing operators in the field with the tools to intuitively understand when and where it is safe to operate – translating complex airspace shapes, rules and regulations into a digestible model, providing the tooling to request and obtain access to regulated airspace and/or private land, informing the operator about potential and actual conflicting traffic and interacting with airspace management systems and authorities – whether a human or machine interface.
As a Mobile Developer, your primary focus will be to implement new user interfaces and features together with automated unit and integration tests. You will be working with our Product and Engineering teams, where your knowledge and advice about application architecture and the newest mobile technologies will be invaluable.
- You will work with our Product team on the specification for new GuardianUTM mobile apps whilst collaborating with UX and UI to design interfaces to improve user experience.
- You will integrate with existing APIs and specific new ones to support mobile functionality.
- You will support the entire application lifecycle (concept, design, test, release and support) whilst ensuring working closely with our technical teams to constantly innovate app functionality and design.
- Remain up to date with concepts and best practices for coding mobile apps.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and team working skills.
- A clear, well organised logical thinker with the ability to respond to dynamic situations when under pressure, applying the same clear, logical thinking.
- A natural team player and proactive multi-tasker with excellent organisational skills and the ability to meet deadlines.
- Flexibility to maintain focus as the business grows and changes.
- Proven commercial work experience as a Mobile App Developer.
- Deep knowledge of iOS and Android platforms.
- Proficiency in React Native and building mobile apps for iOS and Android.
- Demonstrable portfolio of released apps on the Apple store and Google Play store
- Understanding mobile app design guidelines on each platform and being aware of their difference.
- Experience with RESTful APIs, third-party libraries and mobile libraries for networking.
- Proficiency with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning.
- Experience with profiling and debugging mobile applications.
- Knowledgeable of clouds message API and push notifications.
- Scrum or Kanban experience, with an understanding of Agile or Lean principles.
At Altitude Angel we’re dedicated to creating a positive working environment which empowers our employees to the be the best version of themselves. Through personalised Career Development Plans and generous home/work life-balance considerations, we support our team to work in the best way for them.
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Company Pension Scheme
- £3,000 employee referral scheme
- Quarterly team socials
To apply for this position, email your details to [email protected]