Benefits: Competitive Employee Referral Scheme, Flexible Working, Training opportunities, and more!
Location: Reading, Berkshire (UK)
As Altitude Angel’s Bid Manager, you will ensure excellence in our bid content and processes, whilst effectively managing sales operations. You are excited by UTM (Unmanned Traffic Management) and the benefits it can bring to facilitating the safe integration of unmanned vehicles into national airspace worldwide. Widely regarded as a technical leader in our field, our national foundation technologies are deployed internationally by governments, civil aviation authorities and air navigation providers to meet the needs of an emerging industry.
The Sales team is looking for a talented individual to help execute on our Sales & Partner strategy through owning and managing the Bid process from RFX receipt through to submission. You will ensure consistent high-quality execution in line with client requirements and whilst maintaining excellent internal and external engagement throughout. This role will also establish leading sales operations processes to ensure smooth deal flow and timely information for decision making and tracking.
Reporting to the Chief Business Officer, you will engage with subject matter experts across the organisation to develop compelling content & responses to help accelerate the growth of Altitude Angel and maximise win rate. Our Clients span Regulatory bodies, Aeronautical Service Providers, Enterprises, Innovators, Drone Operators, & UAV providers. You are the expert. Using your fairness, negotiation skills, and your diligence to deliver repeatable and scalable processes.
The role may require significant travel (subject to any national or local restrictions).
- Establish and maintain a knowledge base for all RFx and marketing content to be used by the Sales teams & Partners
- Establish a clear bid management process, with the appropriate gates, ensuring effective engagement with both internal and external stakeholders
- Support the sales team and Partners and own the execution and tracking of all bids through to completion
- Establish effective use and development of the Microsoft Dynamics CRM solution and ensure timely information and progress tracking and reporting
- Lead the weekly Sales meetings, supported by the Chief Business Officer, in order to gain full visibility and understanding of our sales progress
- Work with our Partners to track their activity, forecasts, and needs, ideally enabling shared portals to collaborate
- Maintain and manage accurate records of sales activity to aid business reporting as well as supporting accurate forecasting and pipeline data to management
- Track our competition to identify areas of improvement and ensure the sales team has the latest knowledge
- Input into the overall Sales & Partner Strategy providing timely insights based on our learnings
You will be seen as a leader of your function and demonstrate the diligence, ownership, and resilience to execute on the bid & sales operations plans. You will demonstrate:
- A passion for success, you will embody accountability & ownership.
- The ability to collaborate across multiple internal and external stakeholders across the spectrum of functions and seniority.
- The ability to navigate conflicting demands with diplomacy, resilience, and finesse.
- Entrepreneurial spirit creating opportunity where others may miss.
- An organised, analytical, and structured approach with an eye to the detail, creating repeatable & scalable capabilities
- Effective use of resources to deliver a seamless and quality sales process.
- Excellent written and presentational skills.
- Experience across a wide range of business models (e.g. direct, multiple parties, partner focussed).
- The ability to maintain CRM & effective use of office technologies such as Excel, PowerPoint, Word.
You will have a proven track record of delivering bid, sales and partner processes in a complex, multi-party SaaS software environment. You are self-motivated and comfortable working in a dynamic environment with rapidly evolving product, customer needs, and competition.
- You will be SaaS savvy with the ability to work with a wide range of business models.
- 2-5 years’ Bid management & sales operations experience.
- Experience coordinating complex sales (e.g. multiple parties, competitors).
- A confident negotiator with the ability to establish a defined and scalable sales process.
- A highly organised & analytical multi-tasker with the ability to meet deadlines and have a strong attention to detail.
- Proactive, driven and committed to providing customer excellence.
- Experience successfully managing all facets of the proposal process under tight deadlines, including response writing, stakeholder management, document production and quality control.
- Flexible, adaptable, and passionate about working as part of a team.
- Ideally experience of Microsoft Dynamics CRM (or other equivalent) and excellent Microsoft Office skills (including Excel, Word, Powerpoint, and Outlook).
Up to the challenge? Get in touch today and join the global company defining the future of aviation.
Interested? Get in touch today and join the global company defining the future of aviation.
To apply for this position email your details to [email protected]