Software Development Engineer in Test
Benefits: Competitive Employee Referral Scheme, Flexible Working, Training opportunities, and more!
Location: Reading, Berkshire (UK)
Who are we?
Widely regarded as a technical leader in the emerging field of Drone Traffic Management (UTM), Altitude Angel develops cloud-scale systems to facilitate the safe integration of unmanned vehicles into national airspace worldwide. In short, we don’t make drones; we make them safe. Our national foundation technologies are deployed internationally by governments, civil aviation authorities and air navigation service providers to meet the needs of an emerging industry.
You will contribute to developing ground-breaking new systems in the fast-moving world of drone information, planning, and monitoring services, whilst improving our existing products which are hosted in the cloud.
As a Software Development Engineer in Test, you will work as an integral part of the Engineering team, across multiple streams of work, helping the team to achieve their objectives by building test frameworks from scratch. You will collaborate and take ownership of delivering automated tests and framework solutions using C# and Selenium, enabling us to deliver products to market faster. Our systems are continuously built, deployed, and tested using Azure DevOps (VSTS) and deployed on the Microsoft Azure stack. You should expect to be working with the latest cloud technologies as they are released.
- Develop tests using reusable code, supported by automated tooling.
- Identify testing requirements, create, and execute acceptance tests whilst also performing exploratory UI and API testing, identifying suitable test scripts for automation.
- Work with our development team to define the automation and test strategy; as well as playing a key role in defining the tool and frameworks.
- Investigate and reproduce technically challenging defects and test fixes whilst collaborating with colleagues to resolve engineering problems and defects.
- Build and maintain these tests on existing API and User Interface system test frameworks to run as part of Continuous Integration / Deployment pipelines.
- Provide input into delivering new products alongside supporting existing ones, whilst leading specific project test requirements.
- You will be an advocate for high quality within our Engineering team.
We’re looking for…
- At least 3 years’ experience writing in C# or another object-oriented language (e.g. Java, C++ or Python).
- Experience writing or maintaining API testing.
- Experience writing or maintaining Selenium or similar automated UI tests.
- Demonstrated desire to learn and apply new skills and technologies.
- Experience or exposure to Azure cloud platform or similar (e.g. AWS)
- Experience with all elements of the software testing lifecycle.
- Ability to communicate well, accurately reporting defects and their effects.
- Scrum or Kanban experience, with an understanding of Agile or Lean principles.
- The ability to adapt and learn in a fast-paced environment whilst having the attention to detail to identify and describe ‘odd behaviour’ in software.
Interested? Get in touch today and join the global company defining the future of aviation.
To apply for this position email your details to [email protected]
Apply for job
To apply for this position email your details to
No agencies, please.
Our recruitment process is managed internally, so please do not call or email if you are a recruitment agency.
We do not accept unsolicited CV’s from agencies.