Benefits: Competitive Employee Referral Scheme, Flexible Working, Training opportunities, and more!
Location: Reading, Berkshire (UK)
Who are we?
Widely regarded as a technical leader in the emerging field of Drone Traffic Management (UTM), Altitude Angel develops cloud-scale systems to facilitate the safe integration of unmanned vehicles into national airspace worldwide. In short, we don’t make drones; we make them safe. Our national foundation technologies are deployed internationally by governments, civil aviation authorities and air navigation service providers to meet the needs of an emerging industry.
As a member of our Legal Counsel team, you will provide sound and timely legal expertise across a range of business functions within an innovative aviation technology company.
By joining Altitude Angel, you will be given the opportunity to grow within a venture backed ‘scale-up’ playing a key role in supporting the company’s rapid growth, whilst helping push the bar on legal aspects relating to the use of automated systems in aircraft navigation.
- Ensure compliance with local laws, regulations and compliance aspects.
- Work collaboratively across the business to provide legal subject matter expertise.
- Communicate and summarise legal text in plain English to team members in a variety of roles across the business.
- Maintain and advance contracting processes, procedures and framework agreements including:
- MSAs (Master Service Agreements) and Service Orders,
- NDAs (non-disclosure/confidentiality agreements),
- Collaboration/Partner Agreements,
- Consortium Agreements,
- Supplier Agreements.
- Support team members with supplier, partner, and customer contract negotiations.
- Partner and own the relationships with our externally retained specialist legal firms.
- Own legal aspects concerning the company’s growing Intellectual Property portfolio, supported by our external IPR counsel.
- Work with our regulatory affairs team to further develop a pathway that boldly tackles the biggest challenges facing mainstream drone adoption, including exciting legal matters such as Beyond Line-of-Sight and technical and legal liabilities
- Support our international expansion.
Your principal experience will be in commercial contracting law and you’ll play a critical role across our teams within our Legal & Corporate Affairs team. You will proactively identify issues, create policies, standard agreements and terms as well as working on the creation of new legal frameworks to support our ground-breaking technologies.
You will demonstrate the ability to:
- Analyse, structure, and solve problems with an obsession for detail.
- Take ownership of opportunities and challenges relentlessly driving for results.
- Evaluate risk factors when the business enters a legal commitment.
- Work and collaborate across multiple internal and external stakeholders across a diverse spectrum of functions and seniorities, navigating and prioritising conflicting demands with diplomacy.
- Manage and work through ambiguity.
- Be flexible and adaptable to a rapidly changing environment
- Absorb knowledge quickly and have a solid understanding of commercial contract law, intellectual property aspects and risk management and mitigation
- Have a strong desire for success, exemplifying accountability & ownership.
- Have a very high degree of professional ethics and integrity.
- Be self-motivated and comfortable working in a dynamic environment with rapidly evolving regulation, product & customer needs, and competition.
- Have a demonstrable passion for (and experience working within) high-tech – ideally software – driven businesses and/or aviation
- Ideally (but not necessarily) have a good understanding of aviation rules pertaining to ‘drones’ in at least one jurisdiction. However, we will provide training to bring any promising candidates up to speed – but you must be a quick learner!
You will have a proven track record of providing legal guidance to companies.
- 3-5+ years’ demonstrable relevant legal
- Knowledge and understanding of corporate law and procedures.
- Experience working within a legal firm or as a corporate in-house counsel.
- Qualified solicitor.
- Experience authoring, reviewing, and establishing the most typical forms of corporate legal agreements.
- Ideally you will be knowledgeable and have experience in the aviation or drone space.
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills (including Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
Up to the challenge? Get in touch today and join the global company defining the future of aviation.
To apply for this position email your details to [email protected]
Apply for job
To apply for this position email your details to
No agencies, please.
Our recruitment process is managed internally, so please do not call or email if you are a recruitment agency.
We do not accept unsolicited CV’s from agencies.