Altitude Angel is excited to announce the opening of a role within our engineering team.
Widely regarded as a technical leader in the emerging field of Drone Traffic Management (UTM), Altitude Angel develops cloud-scale systems to facilitate the safe integration of unmanned vehicles into national airspace worldwide. In short, we don’t make drones; we make them safe. Our national foundation technologies are deployed internationally by governments, civil aviation authorities and air navigation service providers to meet the needs of an emerging industry.
This role focuses on developing applications across different technologies within the engineering team.
The ideal candidate should be looking to work in a fast-moving, exciting environment, working on many different projects and technologies. They will have a proven track record of working on large scale systems using a variety of technologies in a senior role.
To be successful the candidate will have a breadth of experience in multiple technologies, for example: web application development, mobile app development, middle-tier systems development or real-time systems development, with a deep understanding of at least one.
- Working to a defined backlog on projects to deliver web applications to internal and external users.
- Writing high quality, maintainable code.
- Providing technical reviews, guidance and consultancy to other engineers in the team.
- Work with the rest of the engineering team to specify the requirements and design the solution and its components.
- Participate in sprint planning and estimation, managing the backlog.
- Assisting with the support of shipped systems in production.
- Continue to add value to Altitude Angel by maintaining focus on personal development. Maintaining and improving technical skills to enhance capabilities to deliver the best possible technical solutions.
Skills and Experience:
- Visual Studio, C#
- Multiple technical areas such as; ASP.NET MVC/WebApi and client-side web technologies, middle tier system development, mobile app development
- Working with Git and VSTS/TFS or similar
- Working as part of an agile development team
- Designing, developing, shipping and supporting large scale systems with multiple components across different tiers
- Server-side technologies; C#, ASP.NET MVC/WebApi, ORM (e.g. EF/NHibernate), DI containers (Autofac, Ninject, Unity), event processing frameworks e.g. (Rx, TPL dataflow)
- Data storage technologies; SQL or NoSQL data stores (MongoDB, CosmosDB)
- Agile (Scrum/Kanban), CI and CD builds, unit testing
- Cloud development (preferably Azure or AWS) with a focus on PaaS services
- Passion for working in technology, aviation and drone industries.
- A strong desire to be a key member of one of the industry’s most capable, most exciting start-ups.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and team working skills.
- A clear, well organised logical thinker with the ability to respond to dynamic situations when under pressure, applying the same clear, logical thinking.
- Flexibility to maintain focus as the business grows and changes.
- Ability and desire to learn and personally grow own career.
- You must have the legal ‘Right to Work’ within the United Kingdom before applying for this role.
- Recruiters interested in helping to fulfil this position should contact us and obtain approval prior to submitting applicants.
About Altitude Angel:
Altitude Angel continues to be a game changer – and leader – as the world’s most accurate data and real-time platform for the emerging drone (UAV) industry. Put simply, our technologies will become the backbone of automated drone flight in the years that come. Today, we are focused on improving the safety of aerial operations for all airspace users by connecting people with the right safety information at the right time.
The Reading-based team share a single goal, to create the ‘Internet of Flying Things’™, a fully comprehensive traffic management system where all drones and operators are interconnected, sharing a common platform for data exchange between all parties and aerial stakeholders while allowing the drone market to flourish. To do this, Altitude Angel has developed a technology that delivers global drone safety and navigation services.